Monday, December 10, 2012

Lethal Chocolate Peppermint Cake

I'm a little worried about this one. The cake appears to be great, but I believe I messed up the peppermint frosting. I didn't measure carefully and, if it's possible, I think I had the butter too "soft". Even after adding more confectioners sugar, the frosting was not substantial enough. The layers were sliding apart. I've carefully pieced it together and placed it in the refrigerator to, hopefully, setup real good. Will let you know tomorrow!

:/

I cut the cake and put it out in the employee lounge after lunch and it was gone in no time. Because I had refrigerated the cake the ganache got a little hard and it was a little difficult to cut. The ganache broke into pieces and fell away from the cake. However that didn't seem to slow anyone down.

With a name like lethal chocolate peppermint cake I expected the peppermint to be a little overpowering but it wasn't in fact it was quite subtle and very complementary.



No comments:

Post a Comment