Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Book!

Hubby came up with another winner (we won't discuss the losers) - on a recommendation from someone at work he suggested we purchase a cook book - I LOVE cookbooks - called The Cake Mix Doctor...  (the title actually shows those three dots).  The premise of the book is that with a few additions and modifications to the typical boxed cake mix you can create easy, "from-scratch" taste desserts .  150 "luscious" desserts (mostly cakes- a few bars.)

So, the goal - to bake my way through this book and post the results.  # 1 - Christmas Eve treat I carried in to a family gathering at my Brother/sister-in-laws house.  I am happy to say despite a side board full of desserts, in the roughly one hour we were there (concerned about weather/road conditions or we would have stayed longer) more than half the cake had disappeared, but more on that later.

Out of respect for the author (not to mention to make sure I don't unknownly violate copyright or something) I'll not post recipes here but hopefully you will get an idea or two anyway.  Or maybe buy the book, though my purpose isn't commercial - I have no connection what so ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment