Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

My first "cakes with spirit" - I took the Chocolate Kahlua Cake (page 286) to my parents house - I've never known my step mother to drink and my father stopped drinking several years ago, so I really didn't intend to take a cake with liquer in it to their house, but for two days I forgot to take it to share at work (oh, - settle down.  the alcohol was "cooked out".)

My first disappointment of any recipe yet - BUT only for the "glaze" - which was just confectioners' sugar and Kahlua.  Like all the other glazes and frostings, I taste tested the glaze all by itself and didn't care for it - but when ate with (on) the cake, it neither distracted from or added to the goodness of the cake.

Now, the cake - it was wonderful - very moist and delicious.  Dad really liked it!  And it looked good I thought - a real deep chocolate color and perfect looking cake texture. I had two pieces - I'm glad I left the rest of the cake at the parent's house or I would have been in real trouble nibbling on that all week long.

No comments:

Post a Comment