Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hornet's Nest Cake

I was sure I had already created a short blog entry on this one - I am starting to wonder what the heck is up on sites I visit on my "main" home computer -

Like so many others, I took the "Hornet's Nest Cake" (page 175) I made to work (about a week ago).  Within the first half hour I had two people ask for the recipe and another a little later in the day.   I would like to say this is a nice "coffee cake" - it sure would make me feel a little better about eating it for breakfast.  But this is such a moist, lusious cake - well I just felt quilty calling that breakfast.  It was very moist and sweet.   Someone asked me why it's called "Hornet's Nest" - I guess because the butterscotch chips and nuts spread onto of the batter makes the finished cake surface resemble a "hornet's nest" (as the book puts it "...the surface is pitted with holes like a hornet's nest." 

Whatever you call it or whatever you think it looks like,it's another great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment