Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Classic/simple!

This time around, something simple! My husband likes it plain - and chocolate - and this weekend he asked me to make his favorite - a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. So, I selected the Classic Yellow cake on page, which is actually in The Cake Mix Doctor Returns. Oh the things I do for the man I love!

Now just to poke a little fun at myself, if I had presented this cake for judging during my 4-H days, I would have, at best, hoped for a red ribbon - the first piece I cut out of the pan had two large air bubbles! Oops! Of course we known this has to do with the beating and can be somewhat combatted by dropping the pan (a short drop) a couple of times before placing in the oven- but since I baked it in a Pyrex pan, I skipped the drops.

Other than those couple of air bubbles, the texture was light and even. It was moist and tender. Tasted great! My husband had many compliments for it as well. Everything I've come to expect from these recipes. And super easy!

Next, I'll be making Orange Birthday Cake, as cupcakes however. In addition to being in the book, this recipe is currently featured on the website: www.cakemixdoctor.com/recipe/my-orange-birthday-cake/

No comments:

Post a Comment