Saturday, January 1, 2011

Buttermilk Devil's Food

Today I took a "Buttermilk Devil's Food" cake (page 28) with White Chocolate Frosting (page 424) to my parents for dinner.  It struck me how easily these cakes (so far) go together.  Prep time, baking time, and assembly time are all listed clearly at the beginning of each recipe - this one - 10 minutes prep (pretty accurate) 28-30 minutes baking time -20 minutes to assemble. 

Dad said - "very chocolatey", mom refered to an old Duncan Hines commercial - "moist delicious cake in everybite"- (referring to the commercial where they collect all the moist crumbs on your fork).  Hubby said very "good cake, good frositng".

The cake had a very good chocolate flavor, a tender, moist texture - the frosting had good flavor, though was a little soft despite having added an extra 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar because I thought it was a little to thin. I put it in the refridgerator for about 30 minutes to set it a bit but softened right back up after the hour travel to my parents' house.  I was real impressed by the flavor and the texture of the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment