Monday, January 3, 2011

Ripe Banana Loaf

My apologies - I forgot to take a picture before cutting into this.  However, this is another where I made a slight variation from the recipe - just in the pan.  The recipes calls to bake this in two loaf pans.  But since I was going to serve this with the "Kathy's Cinnamon Breakfast Cake", I thought a bundt pan would add to the visual effect.  However since this cake didn't rise and create the volume that "Kathy's" did, it wouldn't have mattered in the end.

As the name implies, this is a quick bread - though the texture leans  little more to cake, than to quick bread.  Perhaps some nuts stirred into the batter would enhance the loaf experience.  Sticking to the recipe, however, this one is without nuts.   The flavor is good, the texture nice and it slices easily and it should keep well as long as it's covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment